staycation

staycation

all the kids

all the kids

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Birthday Boy


Tomorrow it's ten years since I had Nathan. In the pool today I was floating around with him, and wrapping my arms around his giant midsection, swimming with soft, watery skinned Nathan whale. Baby beluga. The guy has the greatest skin.

I know I'm always yelling at him because he's got like super strength and uses it to try and pop Emma's head by squeezing every day, but aside from the massive body and little self control or ability to manage such a big body (immature midget loose in a giant's body) - he's still that amazing little creature that used to fit on my lap in Florida where he was born. We were there, like, a sneeze ago. Minutes, only.

Today floating in the pool he talks about how he wants a camera, and megapixels, and can we go to Target, and earlier he had made lunch for his friends, he actually grilled hamburgers and brought them out on a tray, directly into the tent where they've been playing by the pool, and even if he did nothing but float, he's this wonder, live, living blonde tall wonder baby, mine, ours.

This remarkable Nathan, he's just sleeping down the hall, on top of the covers, with Emma, both wearing boxers. I told him in the pool today, "10 whole years, Nathan. They've been pretty good. Should we go for 10 more?"