staycation

staycation

all the kids

all the kids

Monday, November 28, 2011

Yupdate

I've just spent the last two hours scouring ebay for Anne of Green Gables paraphenalia. Is that spelled right? Emma is a devoted Anne reader, she even made barettes with "Anne" on them. So now when she's riding the bus people will call her Anne. Except she never rides the bus.

Barry's been working nonstop on a video (audition, if you will) for me for Nickelodeon - they're making a new show about funny mom bloggers. So it'd be the Me show. He's titling the video "Julie's Big Break." No pressure. We'll submit it, they'll love me, there will be magnets with my face at Rite Aid. Or, we'll submit it, there will be the sound of crickets and I'll become a lactation consultant and squeeze women's breasts the rest of my life. Both of these outcomes sound pretty good.

Lilly's new thing is to cry. She's having trouble with transitions. She cries when we leave school. She cries when we leave McDonald's. (I cry too.) She cries when she has to end something. She can't see anything past what she's doing exactly at this moment. The rest is just bad.

And Nathan, I don't know what he's doing lately. He's the simple, strong, silent type. He's so bored of all the girls in his house, I think. I did run across the living room today and jump on him where he was laying, with my knees in his chest. He loved that. I had to do it like 20 more times. He just likes to be squashed.

So it's a million o'clock. Lilly is waiting to put her feet in my face all night as I sleep.