staycation

staycation

all the kids

all the kids

Friday, April 3, 2020

Bermuda Triangle

So I started the day watching a funeral online. He was my dad's uncle and 102 and didn't die of anything but oldtimeyness.  I had shitty seats but at least I was barefoot on a couch with a dog chewing a bone under my leg. Not MY bone. The best part of the funeral was texting my brother enough that he told me SHHHH WE'RE AT A FUNERAL. And also that at the end when they folded the flag up, piece by piece, I felt like there it is. Folding up his life, all nice and neat. He did everything he was gonna do.

Then they handed the fat triangle to his son in the audience, the child molester.

So really no matter what your life is, you better find it funny. Because you never know where you're going to leave your legacy.

I ended the day after policing and finally removing the phone from my 12 year old and then magically she started talking and playing...what, amazing...then I had to do my first ever podcast and act intelligent and bright.

At least I was on my bed with barefeet. And a dog was scratching at the door.

It is good to do hard things. It's even better to sell your film. Let's see what piece of the triangle I am in today, later on, from my future. As I just read, right now we are living what we're gonna call the good old days. Right now!

I'm gonna enjoy them.